What Are You Afraid Of?

.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." Nelson Mandela

I was more scared than I've ever been in my life and to make it worse I was trying my best to pretend otherwise. I had always had a tremendous fear of heights. Yep here was a guy who was trying to become a special forces paratrooper and he's afraid of heights. You've heard all the jokes "Who in their right mind would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" But they say you need to face your fears in order to overcome them and that you need to want to become something bigger than that which you fear. I wanted to become something bigger than the sum of my fears. I'd heard the story of the thousands of paratroopers that jumped on June 6th, 1944 over Normandy and with their courageous actions those men had changed the face of history. On that day there were four men amongst the thousands on those planes who refused to jump. Four men who cowered to their fear. Four men who when faced with fear withdrew. What kind of regrets did those men have to live with for the rest of their lives? Don't be amongst those timid souls who look back on their lives with regret. Take a lesson from the wisdom of Nelson Mandela "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." - Face Fear And Take Action. Go ahead and JUMP - Do It - Take Action Now - Trust Me - You Won't Regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment