The Other Side.

.
"If you're going through hell, keep going". ~ Winston Churchill.

We've all been there. A place where circumstance, conditions and challenges become too much. We want to quit and throw in the towel. To say "enough" and walk away.  ~ We just can't take it any more.













I remember having such thoughts many years ago when people were shooting at us and soldiers struggled to keep going in a land far away. I remember listening to those thoughts when my daughter called me during her first year at one of the finest colleges in the nation. With a trembling voice she said  
"Dad these kids are so smart and the stuff they are covering is so difficult, I don't think I can..."  She was sharing the innermost thought that we all have at sometime in our life.

"I don't think I can..."

But then something happens. Something simple happens in our mind - We think about the other side. We think about what it's going to be like when we get to the other side. We picture the accomplishment. The pride, satisfaction and the feeling we get when we've made it through.

We picture ourself on the other side.

We picture how proud we'll be. We picture how good it will feel. And that can keep us going. When we believe in getting to the other side others start to believe in us. We all get that feeling of "I don't think I can" but we can overcome it - If we picture what's on the other side.

When things get tough - Just picture the other side.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment