"Be the change you want to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
We all have life lessons, maxims we live by and try to pass on to others. Our children, friends and family hopefully see them embodied in the way we live our lives. Below are ten simple life lessons I've learned from my first half century. What are your 10 Life Lessons?
- Expect more of yourself than others think is wise.
- You are never a failure - until you blame others.
- Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
- People will listen, but no-one really cares about your opinions; until you've earned their respect.
- Children don't need critics - they need models.
- Action cures fear.
- When we think we are good - we are not.
- Never be late - it's the most arrogant insult to others.
- We all die and we are all accountable for our lives.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.