Quit Whining.


" Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint." ~ Robert Burns.

One of the most underrated treasures any of us can have in our life is a friend who talks straight. A man, or woman, who tells it like they see it and doesn't sugar coat stuff. I will never forget the words of such a friend when "Gunny" sat listening to my whining after a difficult day at work. What was his response to my sad lament about how tough things were? ~ "Isn't that your job?" What would other professions say if they had the courage to talk as straightforward to us?

Doctor ~ Here's your prescription "Work harder and you'll feel better."

News Anchor ~ "Here's what was on the internet yesterday."

Politician ~ "I sell fear."

Consultant ~ "Here's what you already know but aren't willing to do."

Self Help Guru ~ "Here's your crutch."

A Good Friend ~ "Quit Whining."


No comments:

Post a Comment