Being a Father.

.
"You will find that if you really try to be a father, your child will meet you halfway." ~Robert Brault.

I got very lucky raising my daughter. She makes me proud. So when a friend, expecting his first born, asked for advice I paused to reflect. There are lots of books and millions of psychological insights on how to raise the perfect child. But my view? I tried to keep it simple. What's my advice? Strive to Be a Better Man. Children watch and children choose. Children choose their influences. They watch and choose.

They either choose your character, your habits and your values or those of others. Sometimes they will make the easiest and not the best choices. Hopefully they will learn. Ultimately their choices become character. We influence our children - they either choose our character traits or those of others. So what have I learned about what it takes to be a father? Strive To Be A Better Man.

Strive To Be Their Best Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment