Never Miss It.

.
"The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years." ~Thomas Jefferson.

I'm up at 4am every day. Why? Lots of little reasons & one big one.
The little reasons include: The people I meet that are up that early.
The guy at the coffee shop who comes in from Mexico every day to serve, clean the shop and provide for his family. He smiles, works hard and makes me smile. The roads are clear and the people out are driven to get started before others - there's a shared connection - a shared understanding. There is an opportunity to get more done before others get started and add at least four hours to my day, four focused hours.







But more than all those little things there's one very big thing.
I've never been late for anything - living by a slogan that says "If I'm not on time it means I'm not coming" and there is one thing I never want to miss. Watching the Sun Rise - she is never late. I have seen every sunrise in my life. Watched every time she has majestically climbed and filled the sky with a new day - a new opportunity - a new chance to do something better. I never want to miss a sunrise. That's why I get up at 4am. ~ She fills me with awe, humility and appreciation.




2 comments:

  1. One of your best posts Dan!

    This one hit me right between the eyes and invited me to get back to an old habit that I haven't embraced in quite a while.

    Thank you!

    Respectfully,
    Paul Castain

    ReplyDelete