Something Deep Inside.


"I'm not interested in what your neo cortex has to say - I want to hear your heart."


There's something deep inside each of us that we are all very familiar with. Sometimes it bubbles lightly to the surface and stimulates smiles, warmth and pleasure like smooth vanilla ice cream. And sometimes it drags up from deep within us a determination to strive and overcome. It's in the mind, the brain, the heart and the soul and yep ~ We Call This Thing Emotion. It is, without any doubt, the primal force that drives each of us to take action. It's what makes us do stuff.

Many years ago, in a land called Robin Sage, a hard and grizzled man looked me in the eye and said " Have you ever cared for something greater than yourself?" While I lay in the mud, covered in putrid self pity, he goaded, prodded and encouraged me to quit. To give up. To throw in the towel and rationalize a warm and comfortable retreat from unreasonable standards and expectations ~ And then... He said the words that I will remember for the rest of my life. "I'm not interested in what your neo cortex has to say - I want to hear your heart."












We buy with our heart. We sell with our heart. We achieve with our heart. We lead with our heart and... We experience everything worth anything in this life with our heart. So if you really want to get someones attention ~ Remember ~  People aren't interested in what your neo cortex has to say ~ They want to hear your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment