Something Important.

.
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." ~ Cynthia Ozick.


Something important happens to me when I meet a combat veteran. Something that's hard to explain. There's a recognition, a respect, a salute and... a sadness that embraces me. It's something important.













It's simple, silent and sincere. It's something shared. On Memorial day, and Veterans day, a different emotion rises from the depths of my soul.

It's different than the love that I have for my child. It's different than the respect I have for role models and different than the salute I give to those who accomplish things in business and in life.

It's different and yet It's the same. It's a strange bond that transcends country, color, race and religion. It's older than age and younger than youth. It's about selfless sacrifice and sincere substance. It's grave and it's gravitas. It's hard to explain the warm smile and the chilling sadness that I feel when I think of the value and values of a veteran.

It's hard to explain but it's really... ~ "Something important."



No comments:

Post a Comment